OneDrive for Business is an integral part of Office 365 or SharePoint Server, and provides a place in the cloud where you can store, share, and sync your work files. You can update and share your files from any device with OneDrive for Business. You can even work on Office documents with others at the same time.
OneDrive for Business is a great place to store, share and sync your work files. As part of your organization’s Office 365 subscription or Sharepoint Server, you can save your files to OneDrive and then can work with them from any device.
To get started…
1. Go to OneDrive for business in a web browser – link
2. Sign in with Office 365 and in the app launcher, click OneDrive as shown in the below picture.
If you’re not on Office 365, use the web address your admin gave you. In case you don’t have it, ask your admin to provide the same.
3. To add files, click upload or you can drag files from your computer straight to OneDrive.
Some more digging into OneDrive for Business features
- All your files are private by default unless you decide to share them.
- You can use it on any device. However, to get the best experience on mobile, it’s preferable to use OneDrive app.
- OneDrive app is available for android, iOS and windows phones.
- You can sync OneDrive for business to your PC. So that you can access your files even when you’re offline.
- If you make changes to the files while you’re offline, those changes are automatically synced the next time you connect to OneDrive.
To learn more about it visit – [button style=”btn-link btn-lg” icon=”glyphicon glyphicon-hand-right” align=”left” type=”link” target=”true” title=”Learn More” link=”http://aka.ms/learnOneDrive” linkrel=””]
- OneDrive for Business is different from OneDrive, which is intended for personal storage separate from your workplace.
- OneDrive for Business is also different from your Office 365 team site, which is intended for storing team or project-related documents.
- If you have a small business, it’s ideal to set up your file storage to use OneDrive for Business and Office 365 team sites together.
I hope that you like the information provided and it was beneficial to you.
What do you think?
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to email us or put your thoughts as comments below. I would love to hear from my readers. Please share along with your friends and help them to learn.