How to get Reliance Jio sim?
Many of you already know that Jio sim is now available for majority of LTE devices. This fact makes us believe that the service is now wide-spread all over the country. Now, the question arises how to get reliance Jio sim? No worries, I have an answer to your question which I would be covering in this post.
Methods to get reliance Jio sim
- Normal Process
Get the Jio sim by generating unique code and visiting nearest reliance digital store. This process may take time.
- Buy Handset
Purchase LYF handset (starting at ₹2999), Jio sim will be activated along with it.
- Buy Device
Get JioFi device for ₹1999 and get the sim free within few days.
Pre-requisite for Reliance Jio Sim
If you want to enjoy Jio service then you have to fulfill these pre-requisites.
- A LTE (4G) mobile
You must have a LTE (4G) mobile which belongs to India. Jio sim will not work on mobile which only supports 3G. So please check your device compatibility.
- Network Coverage
Better to check if there is network coverage in your area for Reliance. This can be checked by using MyJio app.
- Valid ID Proof
You need to have valid ID’s like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving Licence etc. These will be used for your identity verification process.
How to get Reliance Jio sim? – Normal Process
- To begin, Download MyJio app from google play store. This app is needed for generating a Unique Code which will help you to get Jio sim.
- Now, open the app and you will get an option of “Get Jio Sim” click on that option.
- Just tap on that button. You will see Jio Welcome Offer which is complementary till 31st December.
- Now select your location i.e. your current state and city.
- Now enter your mobile number on which you can receive an OTP (One Time Password).
- Enter the OTP and proceed further.
- Finally, Accept all terms and condition and you will get your barcode.
- Take all your documents including barcode printout, ID Proof and 2 passport size photos to the nearest Reliance Digital Store. You have to take your 4G LTE mobile with you. They will check your phone’s IMEI before offering you the Jio sim card.
- Now, Jio center will give you the SIM card for free. In spite of issuing the Jio sim for free, some stores are asking for money. Do not pay even a single penny for Jio sim card.
- Wait for few more days and finally, you will receive a SMS from Reliance.
- Once you get the SMS, you need to call on 1977 to activate your sim. You need to answer some of the questions over IVR for your verification.
- Finally, insert your Jio sim to enjoy free unlimited 4G Internet and Voice till December 2016.
How to get Reliance Jio sim? – Buy JioFi Device
Get JioFi device worth ₹1999 and get the sim activated for free within few days. Enjoy free data along with free calls until December 2016.
How to get Reliance Jio sim? – Buy LYF Handset
Best option is carry your Aadhar Card, local residence proof and walk-in Reliance Digital Store. Buy LYF handset (starts at ₹2999) and you will get activated Jio sim easily. Nah, I am not promoting LYF handset , but I think this is the best way to get Jio sim as soon as possible.
no way to buy Reliance Jio sim online (at the time of writing this article). Beware of scams
Which devices are supported by Jio?
Jio Sim is Supported by all the major 4G Brands.
World’s largest mobile manufacturer brands such as Samsung, Micromax, Karbonn, Lava, HTC, LG, Gionee, Lenovo, Motorola, Xiaomi, Oppo, Xolo, Panasonic, Vivo, OnePlus, Intex, Sony, ASUS, Yu, TCL, Alcatel, Huawei, InFocus, Celkon, Itel, LeEco, Sansui, Videocon are a part of the Jio Welcome Offer.
Here is my Reliance Jio sim:
What do you think?
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to email us or put your thoughts as comments below. We would love to hear from you. If you found this post or article useful then please share along with your friends and help them to learn.