When you click on Your Story option in Instagram, you get and option to capture any picture, selfie or create a video.
However, you might wish to upload a photo from your iPhone’s Camera roll or Android phone’s Gallery
The reason being…
- That was one of the best shots you took in the last 24 hours at least.
- While that moment was happening, you weren’t able to access Instagram.
- You couldn’t find a good filter in Instagram stories default filters.
For such situations, Instagram does allow you to post photos and videos from your smartphone’s gallery (camera roll in case of iPhone) to your Stories. Here’s how:
This is quite simple. But most of the Instagrammers don’t know it yet because it is somewhat hidden and isn’t visible straight away.
1. Open Instagram and tap on Create Instagram Story icon at the top left corner or swipe right on your news feed to create a story.
2. Now instead of clicking a snap or recording a video, Swipe downwards from the top of the screen. With the latest update now you can Swipe downwards or even upwards. The photos/videos from Gallery will show up at the bottom now instead of on the top which used to be the case earlier.
3. Voila! You will see all the pictures and videos you captured in the last 24 hours. This is because Instagram stories are all about what happens in last 24 hours. But nevertheless, you will be able to upload photos and videos from your phone’s gallery to Instagram stories which is what you wanted.
4. Select the desired photo. After which, you may add text, filters, drawings to the photo or video and select the Circular icon with a check mark at the bottom center.
Your photo or video from Camera roll will be added to your Instagram story.
If you are not able to see photos/videos from Camera roll/Gallery even after swiping then it’s because you have no media(photo/video) in your gallery from last 24 hours. You will see the message – “No photos from last 24 hours“).
Hope you got the information you were expecting from this post.
What do you think?
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to email us or put your thoughts as comments below. I would love to hear from my readers. Please share along with your friends and help them to learn.